A study on Engineering
Solving something to make something out of it requires quite a lot of task. Whenever you travel through a tunnel or visit a building, you have to realize that someone has brainstormed for it and somewhere along the process, several engineers were required to make the job possible.
Some branches of engineering:
Engineering is a vast subject, and it has many interesting divisions which help in creating almost everything that we use on a day to day basis.
- Mechanical engineering deals with all the tasks that are needed to form a good machine. It helps in ensuring that everything is running fine.
- Electrical engineering deals with the workings of electricity and power and also the ways in which electricity powers a machine.
- Civil engineering helps people in designing and making a building or structure in an efficient way and then also to maintain its efficiency.
- Nuclear engineering deals with the happenings of nuclear power and the ways to extract energy from it. They may also help in designing machines that help in an efficient study of nuclear power.
- Computer engineering is working with computers and designing software or hardware-based on it. They are one of the most sought-after engineers of today.
- Biomedical engineering is closely knit to the medical community as they design tools and equipment that will be used by medical practitioners.
- Other parts may be structural engineering, environmental engineering, industrial engineering, etc.
Almost all forms of engineering overlap each other and need core knowledge of mathematics and physics when learning.
Some of the famous engineers:
- Alexander Graham Bell designed the first telephone.
- Bill Gates has formed the renowned company Windows.
- Nikola Tesla has made it possible for us to use the AC electrical systems.
- James Watt made the first modern steam engine.
- Gustave Eiffel made the making of Eiffel tower possible.
- Emily Roebling helped in forming the Brooklyn Bridge.
- Mary Anderson is the inventor of the windshield wiper
- Stephanie Kwolek designed Kevlar, a substance five times stronger than steel.
So, we can understand the importance of engineering in our life. The world is producing brilliant engineers like Sundar Pichai and Steve Jobs who will change the mechanical and technological world. Engineers are working everyday to design new devices and machines that will help in reducing our world and making the world faster.